Help Us Build “School In-A-Box”
School In-A-Box is a collaborative effort to provide schools of remote and indigenous communities with basic school supplies on or before the school year enrollment on May.
With 'Collaborative Consumption' as a model, it substantiate the societal roles of a community in the promotion, development and enrichment of compulsory education, particularly in the hard-to-reach areas.
What are needed:
• 250 Study Kits for Grades 1-6 (Pencils, Pens, Pad Paper, Notebooks, Crayons)
• 6 Teachers Kits (Chalk, Blackboard Eraser, Ballpens, Lesson Plan)
• School Kit (Philippine Flag, Volleyball and Net)
How to get involved:
1. Put-up a collection box using a balikbayan box
2. Fill-up box with prescribed kits together with friends
3. Once full, contact Black Pencil Project to arrange pick-up the box
Be A Volunteer Sherpa:
1. Mountaineering clubs, civic groups, schools and private companies are invited to become part of BPP network of sherpas to help bring the school supplies to project areas.
2. Non-climbing sherpas may also volunteer as sponsors for logistics, transportations of supplies from warehouse and jump off points.
3. Corporate sponsors who wish to become part of the project may inquire via email at email@example.com or message us at Facebook
About Black Pencil Project
Black Pencil Project is a grassroots, hobby-based volunteer organization with core advocacies focused on child primary education in remote and indigenous communities in the Philippines.
Basic school supplies are delivered to remote communities through simultaneous and organized treks during months of May up to July through collaborative outreaches with mountaineering clubs, civic organizations and educational institutions.
Black Pencil Project believes that children enrolled at the right age and on the right grade level during formative years of compulsory education are important in child’s development and learning capacity.
To know more about School In-A-Box, please email firstname.lastname@example.org